Wire implementation at Siemens PT/D
Wire has been helping Siemens & their subcontractors (around 30 designers) in executing HT Switchboard engineering
documentation since last 10 years.
The package has been totally customized & the customer has been created symbol libraries as
and when new equipments come in design.
The product has proven itself interm of designer productivity, which they have found superior to
productivity achieved by other international products
We have developed & implemented modules required for Switchboard HT engineering.
All the above modules help in generating 100% production & submission quality drawings with
only database input.
- Wiring schemes
- Inter panel
- Clamp terminal diagram
- Door layout
- Looping chart
User can copy the same layout for different feeders, this ensures that all
panels in the board will have same equipment at same place.
Door cutout drawing
- According to panel type door is placed
- List of equipments is displayed on screen in graphical format
- User places the symbol on door. Package ensures the following logics are enforced :-
- Minimum gap between inserts and collision check
- ouling during door closing
- User puts only those equipments which are specified in equipment list
- Same layout drawing is used for further processing in door cut out package
- Also user can arrange/ align/ center the equipment on panel with additional commands provided in the package
Once the equipment layout is made in WIRE, this module generates to the scale drawing
of door in open profile and various equipment cutouts and ensures cent percent tallying
of recess cutout with door layout drawing.
Also inspection drawing can be generated giving cutout number,
dimension, location xy, standard tool names if any.
The scheme package has been designed to produce
speedy drawings because the place where designers
spend maximum time. It operates in the way the designers thought
process, giving user very good speed and accuracy compared to other
packages in market.
A. Package operations
B. Symbol library maintenance
- The following errors are completely eliminated
- Using wrong contact nos
- Using same contact twice
- Giving incorrect cross reference
- Equipment configuration change can be done at any time e.g. using 4NO+2NC in place of 2NO+2NC. User can redefine or delete
contacts during this operation. Relevant changes are carried out automatically in all sheets of drawing.
- Automatic picking up of information from scheme drawing for Clamp terminal diagram or wiring
- Maintains the order/ drawing/ sheet directory for the user
- Std circuits containing contacts, terminals can be inserted into drawing as a group, very useful in case of configuration like breaker where instead of contacts, full circuits like closing, tripping etc can be inserted in drawing.
- Terminal number is Automatic and hence does not allow duplicate terminal nos.
- Cross referencing between main equipments and contacts
Data base interface
- While preparing symbols WIRE does not impose any limitation on text or graphics inside the symbol
- User can quickly create accurate drawings and leaves him free to concentrate on his job rather than AutoCAD.
- User can add drawing symbols as well as cross ref equipments with any contact coil configuration in library.
- Symbol addition made easy by providing database interface.
Clamp terminal & looping chart
- While preparing the scheme user can only use equipments with configuration as specified in master data base.
- Any difference, pending or additional equipments will be highlighted during scheme preparation.
- Supports additions/ deletions/ changes in equipment list
- User can control the mapping between user equipment, catalogue number & drawing block.
Wiring drawing is generated by post processing scheme drawing without any
extra input from user. There are various logics incorporated in the program like :-
- Connection within a loop based on door layout position
- External interlocks to be shown based on control cable entry position.
- Wire size and color for different types of circuits in scheme drawing.
The same connection information can be presented to user in diff formats as required :-
- Ferrule/ wire no wise
- Terminal strip wise
- Equipment wise